Thursday, June 12, 2014

Nǐmén hǎo!

Hello everyone, and welcome to Dreaming of Dumplings

My name is Sara Boucher, and I am a 22-year old college student currently living in Scottsdale, AZ. I just graduated from ASU with a Bachelor's degree in Business Law, and I will be starting at the USC Gould School of Law as a 1L in August. I've been obsessed with China for years, and couldn't think of a better way to spend my last summer of freedom, than finally seeing it for myself! 

I will be leaving on June 19th, and staying until August 5th. During this time, I will be participating in a 4-week summer Mandarin course at Beijing Language and Culture University in the capital, as well as traveling for a week before and after the program. 

I have ambitious plans to see as much China as I can while I'm there. I'll discuss my planned itinerary in a future post, but highlights include volunteering with pandas at the Bifengxia Panda Base, exploring the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces, learning to cook some mean Sichuan cuisine in Chengdu, and conquering the famed 'plank walk' of Xi'an's Huashan Mountain. 

I can't wait to embark on my journey to Far East! I hope to practice and improve my language skills, learn more about Chinese culture, and discover both the historical and modern sides of this intriguing country. Oh, and eat as many dumplings as I can get my hands on!

再见!

Sara 


1 comment:

  1. Have a safe flight, a great time, and take lots of pictures. Finally the last of my sage advice...eat as many dumplings as you can get your hands on and then eat some for me!!! Have fun, I can't wait to read all about it as you post.

    ReplyDelete